Symptoms of poor integration
Your organization is managing - but managing the hard way
- Separate softwares for different segments maybe even from different vendors (Look and feel is different so learning takes time)
- Separate systems and separate database for each segment (Export-Import/Merging for consolidated reports and only for certain transactions)
- Separate systems for each segment but database is single (only some reports are available in consolidated manner)
- Different software from different vendors is a nightmare for IT department to upgrade software.
- When a new client is acquired, the Master has to be setup in multiple systems separately.
- Difficult to send even a simple automated welcome letter to a client with details taken from all segments
- Separate Trial Balances must be consolidated by juggling account heads in Excel
- Not possible to generate a consolidated (across segments) ledger including Contract Details.
- Ledgers, Margins, Collateral, Pending Purchase and Sales have to be cross-checked before making deliveries.
- Unable to check F&O shortfalls before making payment in Equity segment.
- Lots of correlation before you can get a month-wise graph of brokerage earnings.
- Clear Balance system subject to good track record across all segments.
- Unable to value portfolios if closing rates are not imported in NSE but has been imported in BSE.
- Unable to generate limit file for our CTCL trading system.
- Unable to audit broker’s DP transactions with CDSL/NSDL system
- Complicated process to send digitally signed contracts and keeping track of bounced mails.
- We are dependent on one person to send SMSs as SMS vendor has provided different software and some import/export is required.
- Dependent on Microsoft Excel – would like to use Open Office as it is free.
- Easy and single data backup process for all segments
- Annual data archive stored in a single file for all segments.
Without backoffice integration it is impossible to :
- Manage the Exposure given by Exchange in a profitable manner
- Limit the risk of default by retail clients
- Develop a single language of communication with clients over email or SMS
- Develop a stable Customer Experience
- Speed up operations and faster processing.
- Do Early PayINs of funds and security.
- Invest in infrastructure as it is only feasible on larger scales
Without integration clients would be unnecessarily troubled for :
Please Note: If your systems are not integrated but everything is going fine, it only means either of three things :.
- Multiple authorization letters for simple across-the-board changes when a single one would suffice.
- Understand reports from different systems and correlate in order to take quick decisions.
- Sometimes similar reports are in different formats and the client has to have some Excel expertise to make sense of it.
- General and Cross Margin benefits.
- Multiple requests to Shift collateral from one segment to another.
- Physical delivery of critical documents like Delivery Instruction Slips to the broker.
1) Someone in your organization is working very hard to keep things running or
2) Your employee costs are high or .
3) Your employees are over-worked but underpaid.
Alankit Assignments Limited
Chairman and Managing Director
Chona Financial Services Limited (Chennai)
Achiiviers Equities Ltd.
Aryan Financial Lifegaurds
Aum Capital Markets (P) Ltd
AB Financial Services
Anmol Share Broking Ltd
BB Trade and Commerce Pvt Ltd
BNK Securities (P) Ltd
Baljit Securities (P) Ltd
Bhartia Stock Broking (P) Ltd
Corum Securities (P) Ltd
Chona Financial Services (P) Ltd
Dalmia Secutrities Pvt. Ltd.
Dimensional Securities (P) Ltd
Destiny Securities Ltd.
Dynamic Equities (P) Ltd